2022 ABUAD ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH CONFERENCE
PREAMBLE AND PURPOSE
The ABUAD Research and Innovation Committee was established as part of the efforts to promote the spirit of inquiry, academic research, innovation, and research training at ABUAD. In order to fulfill one of its numerous mandates, it is vital for the Committee to organize an annual international research conference and career fair for the students. The 2023 edition of the conference will come up between 6th-10th March 2023.
The proposed theme for the conference is “Shaping the future through the Sustainable Development Goals”.
Scholars will be invited to present their innovations and research on one or more areas of the Sustainable Development Goals under the following sub-themes:
1. The green economy and biodiversity in Nigeria.
2. Sustainable and renewable energy systems.
3. Digital technologies for food production and security.
4. AI, robotics, cloud computing, and big data applications for mining, chemicals, food processing and manufacturing.
5. Sustainable Microbial biotechnology for the production of chemicals and pharmaceuticals.
6. Sustainable process-product development through green chemistry.
7. Mathematical, probabilistic, and statistical models in a sustainable data-driven economy.
8. The role of corporate governance and transparency in building strong institutions.
9. Universal health coverage: a roadmap to good health in Nigeria global pandemic, public health and the law.
PROPOSED GUEST SPEAKER: Yet to be decided
PROPOSED LEAD PAPER PRESENTERS (2): Yet to be decided
SUGGESTED DATES: 6th-10th March 2022.
PROPOSED VENUE- Alfa Begore, Owolabi Hall, PTCF, College Auditoriums, and selected classrooms
PROPOSED AGENDA (3 Full Days):
DAY 1: (6th Monday, 2023) - Arrival of guests and registration
DAY 2: (7th Tuesday, 2023) - Opening ceremony, Lead paper presentation, First scientific plenary session, Conference break-up session.
DAY 3: (8th Wednesday, 2023) - Lead paper presentation, Second scientific plenary session, Conference break-up session, and Poster presentations.
DAY 4: (9th Thursday, 2023) - Scientific forum, Planetarium visits, Conference break-up sessions and Conference Dinner.
DAY 5: (10th Friday, 2023) – Departure.
MODE OF CONFERENCE: Blended
TARGET PARTICIPANTS: Academic staff of higher institutions of learning, institutional/ independent researchers, postgraduate and final year students