AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF POSTGRADUATE STUDIES
Afe Babalola University was founded with a vision and mission to reform education in Nigeria and to produce world-class graduates and postgraduates students that will be skilled and have entrepreneurial spirit. Upon graduation, they can be self-employed as well as utilize their acquired skills in various aspects of productive activities in industries, government and any other institutions demanding of their acquired training. Here are some more reasons why Afe Babalola University is the chosen academic destination for some of the world’s most promising young scholar:
1. ABUAD STAFF. Our staffs are intellectual leaders providing wise mentoring and supportive guide for accomplishing students’ life long career goals and creating successful beginnings for young scholar.
2. ABUAD POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES. At our postgraduate school in the College of Sciences we offer both the postgraduate diploma and master degree programs with specializations and opportunities to pursue cutting-edge multi-disciplinary study that crosses traditional boundaries. There is sure to be a program offered that aligns with your interests.
3. RESEARCH AT ABUAD. Many programs have state-of-art new buildings and facilities. At ABUAD you will work side by side with committed scholars as you delve into the most meaningful questions of our world.
4. ABUAD VALUES. We are committed through our founder’s mission and vision to produce postgraduate scholars with exceptional global citizenship who driven with the desire to contribute to the progress and success of a civil and sustainable society.
5. ABUAD COMMUNITY SETTING. Learning at ABUAD means enjoying a superb campus in one of the country’s truly spectacular citadel of learning located in the African continent. The rural agricultural environment provides a tropical climate with safe streets, and a welcoming culturally diverse population. And if you are from outside Nigeria, you will experience a peaceful, progressive society that welcomes all ethnicities, nationalities, and creeds into its cultural fabric.
6. So, is ABUAD right for you? Only you can know for sure. But by choosing ABUAD you are undoubtedly joining a supportive community at the world’s leading edge of postgraduate education and research.
1. Application & Admission
a. Application Process
It is important that you read the following guidelines carefully before starting your online application.
b. Application Deadlines
The deadline for applications to full-time and part-time postgraduate diploma and master degree programmes starting in September 2016 will be Friday, 15th October 2016. Please contact the relevant programme if you wish to make any other arrangement.
c. Admission Requirements
Postgraduate Diploma Programme.
The criteria for admission into the PGD programme will be as follows:
I. All candidates must have five credit passes including English, Mathematics and two other relevant science subjects at ‘O’ Level.
II. Candidates with Bachelor’s degree from an approved university must obtain a minimum of 3rd Class degree in the relevant discipline of Afe Babalola University or equivalent of any other University approved by the National Universities Commission (NUC).
III. Holders of HND in relevant programmes from approved institutions with a minimum of Upper Credit may also be considered for admission.
Masters Degree Programme
The criteria for admission into the Masters Programme (M.Sc.) will be as follows:
1. All candidates must have five credit passes including English, Mathematics and two other relevant science subjects at ‘O’ Level.
2. Professional Masters Degree Programme
i. Candidates for professional Master’s degree programme must obtain a minimum of second class lower division in the relevant discipline of Afe Babalola University or equivalent of any other University approved by the National Universities Commission (NUC).
ii. Candidates with university degree in third class or HND plus a university PGD at credit level pass, (i.e., CGPA of 3.0/5.0) or 50% on weighted percentage average may be considered for admission into professional Master’s degree programmes.
iii. All candidates must demonstrate adequate intellectual capacity, maturity and effective decision making and problem solving potentials.
3. Academic Masters Degree Programme
The criteria for admission into the Masters Degree programme with research courses and course work only will be as follows:
I. Candidates with Bachelor’s degrees from the relevant discipline of Afe Babalola University or equivalent of any other University approved by the National Universities Commission (NUC) must obtain a minimum of second class lower division with a CGPA of 3.0/5.0 for an academic programme.
II. Candidates with at least a third class degree or HND and university PGD in the relevant discipline of Afe Babalola University or equivalent of any other University approved by the National Universities Commission (NUC) with CGPA of 3.0/.5.0 may be considered for admission into academic Master’s degree programmes.
Please visit your proposed programme for additional admission requirements.
o Application Components and Required Documents
• Degree certificate
• Full academic transcript/record of courses completed
• A statement of conduct from a recognized authority
• Certified copy of passport for International students
• Curriculum vitae
• A photograph
• Proof of payment of the non-refundable application fee
d. Apply Online
• Applicants can apply for postgraduate courses online. Just use the 'apply online' link on the course you are interested in.
e. Application FAQ
This FAQ answers many questions about applying to ABUAD postgraduate Studies. Please read carefully to see if your question has been answered here.
You should contact the program if you have questions about the following:
• Application Status
• Extensions to application deadline
• Missing documents
You should contact the Postgraduate College for the following:
• Bank payment problems
• Persistent log in problems with the online application
How do I pay the application fee?
I want to apply to ABUAD. What should I do? Do I apply to postgraduate Studies?
When should I contact the Postgraduate College?
When should I contact the program I applied to?
I'm not able to log into the online application. What can I do?
Is the application fee refundable?
I'm eligible for a fee waiver. How do I apply?
Can my application fee be waived?
I might miss the application deadline; can I have an extension?
Where do I send my supporting documents?
What is the status of my application?
Can my referee send an e-mail reference?
How do I send reference reports to ABUAD?
I got an e-mail with a link for submitting my reference, but the link doesn't work. What should I do?
The e-reference system asks for an email address for the referee. Can I provide any email address for a referee?
Visiting Students & Exchange Agreements
Visiting postgraduate students can take courses or do research as part of meeting requirements for a postgraduate degree at another university. Postgraduate student visitors enrich the academic environment of ABUAD by bringing new ideas and perspectives to our postgraduate programmes.
1.Students transferring to ABUAD with academic staff members
These procedures and guidelines apply to the situation in which a graduate student registered at another university, who is supervised by an academic staff member newly hired at ABUAD, transfers to ABUAD with the new academic staff member to complete an ABUAD degree. The student must apply for admission in the usual way by submitting the application form, application fee, transcripts, letters of reference and any other supporting documentation required by the graduate program.
2. International Students
ABUAD values diversity and strongly encourages international students to apply for our postgraduate programs. Please contact the Postgraduate College for more information.
3. Tuition, Fees & Cost of Living
Please contact the Registrar for details.
4. Graduate Student Research
ABUAD is an NUC accredited university where academic staff and postgraduate students pursue fundamental and applied research in the various academic disciplines offered at the postgraduate levels. Please feel free to browse through the most recent citations for recently graduated doctoral students.