ABUAD College of Engineering gets CompTIA A+ Testing Centre
The College of Engineering of Afe Babalola University, Ado Ekiti has entered into partnership with an American based, globally acclaimed Educational Training outfit known as the Computer Engineering System (CES) Industries incorporated at an impressive ceremony in the University premises.
How did it start?
ABUAD’S relationship with the CES Industries Incorporated started, sometime in July 2012, when its President, Dr. Mitchell B. Nesenoff, saw the website of ABUAD on the internet. He disclosed that he was extremely impressed by what he saw but rather credulous because he had visited some other Universities in Nigeria before the advent of ABUAD, hence he could not believe that a three-year old University could achieve the kind of feats he was made to believe. He then sent Mr. Kingsley Obasohan, the African Representative of his company in Nigeria to come, visit and file report on Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti (ABUAD) to him.
Mr. Kingsley’s described his experience as follows: ABUAD is,
- The fastest growing private University in Nigeria since its establishment in 2010.
- A world-Class Educational Centre of Excellence in academics, character, sport and vocational development with the aim of producing sound and agile professionals.
- A University with a stable academic calendar
- A citadel for the promotion of an authentic learning environment and
- A University leading education reform in Nigeria, by example.
Dr. Mitchell decided to come himself to see, first-hand, all that was said about the University. According to Dr. Mitchell Nesenoff, he was amazed to see the beautiful structures and the latest e-learning facilities in the University that compare favourably with its peers worldwide. He commended the Founder and President Emeritus; Aare Afe Babalola, his wife, Yeye Modupe Babalola and key functionaries of ABUAD for the warm reception and hospitality accorded him and his partner. He said his company CES Inc; is prepared to partner with ABUAD in its developmental efforts.
What is CES?
CES Industries Incorporated is an American-based Company located at 2023 New Highway, Farmingdale, New York 11735, USA. It has been in the industry of supplying,
designing, manufacturing, and selling teaching equipment in technology teaching institutions across the globe. Its customers include Technical, Vocational, and High Schools, Colleges, Industry, Government and Military.
It utilizes the concept of self-paced education, internationally recognized certifications, hands-on hardware equipment and software applications with complete curriculum.
It also covers topical material courses in Electronics, Communications, Avionics, Automation and Robotics, A+ Computer Repair, Network+ Engineering, Physics and other specialized areas.
CES inc. is also very versatile in Ed-Lab Teaching Equipment. These include course materials as well as the equipment to perform laboratory experiments. It provides the teaching equipment plus all the test instruments, lab furniture and tools for a completely installed turn-key classroom including instructor training services.
It is also noteworthy that CES Industries, Inc. has been in business for the past 40 years with thousands of installations world-wide. CES teaching materials are unique in their ruggedness and motivational learning methods.
Objective of the Visit
The major objective of the President of CES Incorporated is to seek collaboration with ABUAD, having been convinced by his personal observations during his visit to ABUAD that the University means business.
In his detailed presentation about his company’s business, Dr. Mitchell Nesenoff highlighted the type of collaboration that CES Inc. wants to make with ABUAD. He announced that, they will offer support in real and practical terms to ABUAD’S effort in skill acquisition, job creation and employment generation through the following:
- CES will make ABUAD a Computer Technology Industry Association (COMPTIA) A+ Testing Centre where candidates sitting for all CompTIA qualifying examinations in Nigeria shall use the ABUAD Centre, thereby generating income for the University.
- CES will set up a renowned Computer Repair and Assembly Plant at ABUAD that shall provide employment, adequate training and skills for both staff and students.
- CES will offer support to ABUAD in Research and technological development in Electronics, Mechatronics and Computer Engineering by setting up an Electronics/Mechatronics Laboratory at ABAUD.
- CES will also provide job employment and job creation opportunities for ABUAD graduates that will emerge from the technological broad training. The expansion of CES Inc. businesses in Africa and its affiliate African distributor’s network supervised by the ACY Micro-System Limited will lead to more jobs for ABUAD graduates.
In his address, the Founder, Aare Afe Babalola, thanked Dr. Mitchell Nesenoff for his interest in ABUAD. He commended CES Incorporated for their efforts in partnering with ABUAD to provide innovative and customized products, services and solutions that will create long term value and potential growth for the University.
Aare Afe Babalola, while promising his full support to the initiative, recognized the benefits to be gained by both CES Inc and ABUAD through cooperative interactions. It is his belief that the partnership will strengthen Engineering technologies in the University.
At an impressive ceremony, the two parties signed a Memorandum of Understading (MOU) to facilitate all cooperative initiatives between them.
ABUAD team was led by the Founder and President Emeritus Aare Afe Babalola while CES Incorporated was represented by its President, Dr. Mitchell Nesenoff and his African Representative, Mr. Kingsley Obasohan.
Also present at the occasion were the Vice Chancellor, Prof Sidi Osho, the Registrar, Lady Christie Oluborode, the Board of Trustee Representative, Prof. Israel Orubuloye, the Provost College of Engineering, Prof. Esan Owolabi and the Provost, College of Law, Mrs. Smaranda Olarinde.