ADMISSION OF CANDIDATES VIA DIRECT ENTRY OR 2013/2014 UTME EXAMINATION
- Afe Babalola University (ABUAD) situated in Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State is a non-profit Federal Government licensed private university.
- Location: The university took off at its permanent site on a 300 hectares of land at an altitude of 1,500ft above sea level which provides ideal climate for learning and sporting activities.
- Approval: All programmes offered in ABUAD were approved by the Nigeria Universities Commission.
- Structures on Ground: Fully air conditioned buildings for all colleges; modern hostel buildings for students; luxurious cafeterias providing English and continental dishes, bottled water plant, bakery, printing press, laundry etc all manufactured by ABUAD and 192 flats for staff.
- Teaching facilities on ground: Air-conditioned classrooms; 14 separate laboratories for different department in Sciences, Medicine, Nursing and Engineering, physical libraries with LexisNexis, academic on-line e-library, Law Pavilion e-library and Compu- Law e-library; full internet connectivity for all colleges, hostels; modern sporting facilities for soccer, tennis, handball, volley ball, badminton, basketball and so on.
- Residential Status: The university is fully residential for all students and staff.
- Teaching Personnel: Top rated and internationally acclaimed professors and lecturers from Nigeria and overseas.
- Philosophy and Mission: To reform and provide functional education by example and lead others in quality education, industry, service, character and discipline.
- Freedom of religion.
- Predictable academic calendar. The 4 year course which began on January 4, 2010 will be completed in June, 2013.
- The first private university in Nigeria to take off on its permanent site with all human and material resources on ground.
- Internship opportunities for students in United States, England, China and Germany
- United States Full-bright scholarship programme approved for ABUAD by United States Embassy based on the quality of the facilities in the University
- Students graduate with additional professional certifications in Accounting, ICT, Languages, French or Chinese Certificate.
- Centre for FESTO Automation in Germany for training professionals and students in Engineering.
- Annual Scholarship and Merit Awards totaling 7.5 million naira in 2011, 17.5million naira in 2012 and 28.5million naira in 2013
- Special mechanized laboratory by CES Industries of America and opportunities for training and employment overseas.
- Special mechatronics laboratory by Festo Automation of Germany.
- International linkages with highly ranked world universities.
- Ranked in February, 2013 as No. 2 best private university in Nigeria and No. 16 of all Nigeria universities by world universities webometric ranking in just three years of existence.
- “A reference point, model and benchmark for private universities”: NUC, 2009
- “The university law college is certainly the best in West Africa”: Julius Okojie, Executive Secretary of NUC
- “The most progressive, dynamic and fastest growing private university in Africa”: All African Students' Union
- “Europe in Africa” by All African Students' Union
- “It is a model to emulate”: Former Nigeria President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, GCFR
- “Notably one of the most outstanding individual contribution towards government educational project”: President Goodluck Jonathan, GCFR
- “The setting is superlative and impressive with nothing of its kind that I have seen so far in this country or anywhere”: General Yakubu Gowon
- “Pace-setter and leader in reformatory education”: ICPC in 2012
- “Yet to see a university in Africa that can match your university: Dr. Tunde Odusina (former Minister of Energy)
- “This university is an eye-opener that should be replicated and copied as a model by NUC for other universities.”: Engineer Muyiwa Adedeji.
- “This is an institution which can stand side by side with any educational institution. This is a pace setter. It raises the benchmark for quality education in Nigeria”…. “There is no doubt that the shaping of the direction of education in Nigeria has started. ABUAD is and will remain the leader in this direction”: The ICPC boss, Hon. Justice Yinka Ayoola leading a 14-man team of ICPC Officers to ABUAD on 28th July 2010.
- “This University is simply a model and should be a veritable benchmark for Universities in Nigeria”: Prof. Chinedu O. Nebo, OON, (former Vice Chancellor, Federal University, Oye-Ekiti now Federal Minister for Energy).
- “Chief Afe Babalola has established a landmark through ABUAD on how Public and Private Universities should be planned, built and run: Prof. M. F. Useh, (Dept of Medical Lab. Science, UNICAL, Calabar).
- “The fastest growing university in Nigeria.
- Compares with great universities, such as Harvard, Yale and Oxford. Afe Babalola deserves the highest honour of this country”: The Late Hon. Justice Kayode Eso, JSC (rtd).
- “Afe Babalola University has set a standard for other institutions”: Dr. Tahir Mamma, Director General, Nigerian Law School.
- It is an outstanding university without comparison”: Prof. Wil Goodheer, President, European Business Assembly and President, Rectors of Europe.
- 2011 Socrates Award for “Best Enterprise in Africa” by EBA based in Oxford.
- “Safest Campus of the year”, 2011 Association of Heads of Security of Tertiary Institution (AHSOTI)
- “The most progressive, dynamic and fastest growing academic institution in Nigeria” Merit Award by National Association of Nigerian Students, 2011
- “Centre of Sporting Excellence in Nigeria Award”, 2011 National Universities Sports League.
- “Best Private University in Nigeria Award” National Association of Nigerian Law Students, 2012
- Best Female Engineering Student for ABUAD student By Association of Professional Women Engineering of Nigeria
- Second overall best student from ABUAD by ICAN (Accounting Technician Scheme, West Africa (ATSWA)
- “Best Brain Award by Nigerian Trust Award 2012.
- ABUAD is a Centre for United States’ National instruments Ltd Labview in Academy in Engineering.
- ABUAD is an accredited centre for all Comptia Ceretifications in ICT
- “Best University Law Faculty - African Governance and Corporate Leadership Award by Institute of Government Research and Leadership Technology,2012
Aare Afe Babalola, OFR, CON, SAN, LL.D Ekiti State University, D.Litt, Kogi State University, LL.D, Unilag, LL.D Unijos, FNIALS, FCI.Arb the Founder, a frontline legal practitioner in Nigeria is a highly committed educationist, a disciplinarian, self-made man, an astute administrator, was winner of Senior Teachers of Nigeria Award by Association of Nigeria Teachers; master planner, farmer and philanthropist. As Chairman of Federal Polytechnic, Akure, he part funded, established and transferred the Poly to Ado within 8 months in 1982. He was the Pro-Chancellor of the University of Lagos from 2000 to 2007 and the Chairman of the Committee of Pro-Chancellors of Nigeria. He was twice honoured by the NUC as the Best-Pro Chancellor in the country. He is the Vice President of the Club of Rectors of Europe, EBA.
B.SC SOCIAL JUSTICE
Afe Babalola University is the fastest growing private university in Africa. As part of its functional and reformatory education policy, ABUAD assembled a high level panel of local and international experts to design an inclusive modern and highly relevant curriculum on social justice to train new set of leaders to deal with multi-faceted problems confronting the world today both locally and internationally such as terrorism, corruption, financial and border crime, environmental justice etc.
The innovative curriculum will equip graduates with multi disciplinary and multi skilled knowledge suitable for employment locally and internationally. It combines carefully selected courses in law, social sciences, international languages and culture.
The Degree is highly relevant for students who would want to work in different areas of life including para-legal services, police, intelligence and security outfits, custom, immigration, judiciary, foreign affairs and other ministries. It is also relevant to politicians, culture and tourism experts, international diplomacy, consultants, national and multi-national corporations. It provides excellent foundation for students who could not gain admission to study law as a first degree to now pursue it at masters level or as a second degree.
The curriculum has been approved by NUC. ABUAD is the only university that offers Social Justice as at the degree level. The course is a worthwhile investment for parents and students who want to be versatile and relevant in this generation.
Direct entry candidates should obtain Direct Entry form from JAMB and apply to the Registry.
UTME candidates: Five O' level credit passes in one sitting or six credit passes in two sittings including English Language, Lit. in English, Mathematics and any other Social Science subjects.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR OTHER COURSES:
Direct entry admission is available for all courses listed below except Law, Medicine and Surgery, and Nursing.
 COLLEGE OF LAW (5 Years)
[A] LL.B Law
Five O' Level Credits passes to include English Language, Lit. in English and Mathematics at one sitting.
English, Lit. in English and any two Arts or Social Science subject
 COLLEGE OF SCIENCES (4 years)
A. Department of Biological Sciences
i. B.Sc. Microbiology
ii. B.Sc. Human Biology
iii. B.Sc Agricultural Science
B. Department of Chemical Sciences
i. B.Sc. Biochemistry
ii. B.Sc. Chemistry
iii. B.Sc. Industrial Chemistry
C. Department of Mathematical and Physical Sciences
i. B.Sc. Mathematics ii. B.Sc Geology
iii. B.Sc. Computer Science
iv. B.Sc. Information and Communication Science Option
v. B.Sc. Physics with electronics vi. B.Sc. Geophysics
Candidates must possess a minimum of five O' level credit passes at one sitting or six O' level credit passes at two sittings including the following for each of the courses:
A) For (A) and (B) above, English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics/ Agric. Science.
B) For (C) above, English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Agric. Science.
Check 2013 UTME brochure for more details.
 COLLEGE OF SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES (4 years)
A. Department of Economics and Management Studies
i. B.Sc. Economics ii. B.Sc. Accounting
iii. B.Sc. Banking and Finance
iv. B.Sc. Business Administration
v. B.Sc. Tourism and Events Management
B. Department of Political and International Studies
i. B.Sc. Political Science
ii. B.Sc. International Relation and Diplomacy
iii. B.Sc. Peace and Conflict Studies
iv. B.Sc. Intelligence and Security Studies
C. Department of Media and Social Studies
i. B.Sc. Communication and Media Studies
ii. B.Sc. Sociology
iii. B.Sc. Psychology
Iv. B.Sc. SOCIAL JUSTICE
Candidates must possess a minimum of five O' level credit passes at one sitting or six O' level credit possess at two sittings including English Language, Mathematics and other subjects relevant to course of study.
Check 2013 UTME brochure for more details.
 COLLEGE OF EDUCATION (4 years)
i. B.Ed. Human Biology
ii. B.Ed. Chemistry
Iii. B.Ed Computer Science
iii. B.Ed. Banking and Finance
iv. B.Ed. Accounting
v. B.Ed. Business Administration
a) For B.Ed Chemistry: Five O' Level Credit passes in Mathematics, Chemistry, English Language and two of Physics, Biology and Agric. Science.
b) For B.Ed ICT and B.Ed Computer Science: Five O' Level Credit passes which must include Mathematics and English.
c) For B.Ed Business Administration: Five O' Level or NTC/NBC Credit passes in English Language, Mathematics plus three other Subjects.
a) For B.Ed Chemistry: Chemistry and two other subjects from Physics, Biology and Mathematics.
b) For B.Ed Computer Science, ICT and Sports Science: Mathematics, Physics and one of Chemistry, Biology and Geography/ Physics.
 COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING (5 years)
i. B.Eng Mechanical Engineering
ii. B.Eng Mechatronics
iii. B.Eng Electrical Electronics Engineering
iv. B.Eng Petroleum Engineering
v. B.Eng Civil Engineering.
vi. B.Eng Chemical Engineering
vii. B.Eng Computer Engineering
5 O' level Credits at one or two sittings which must include English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and any other Science Subject.
Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
 COLLEGE OF MEDICINE AND HEALTH SCIENCES
i. Medicine and Surgery (M.B.B.S.) 6Years
ii. B.Sc. Nursing Sciences 5 Years
iii. Medical Laboratory Science (B.MLS) - 5Years
iv. B.Sc. Anatomy 4Years
v. B.Sc. Physiology 4Years
vi. B.Sc. Human Nutrition and Dietetics 4Years
Candidates must possess a minimum of five O' level credit passes in one sitting including English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology.
Others: A minimum of five O' level credit passes in one sitting or six O' level credit passes in two sittings including the above listed subjects.
 COLLEGE OF ARTS AND HUMANITIES (4 Years)
i. B.A Linguistics
ii. B.A History and International Studies
iii. B.A Theatre Arts
iv. B.A Philosophy and Religious Studies
v. B.A English Language
Candidates must possess a minimum of five O' level credit passes at one sitting or six O' level credit passes at two sittings including English Language, Mathematics and other subjects relevant to course of study.
Check 2013 UTME brochure for more details.
(8) IMPORTANT INFORMATION
(i) Intending candidates must sit for the 2013 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and satisfy JAMB requirements for admission.
(ii) The O' Level requirement can be obtained through SSCE, GCE, NECO, NABTEB or equivalent examinations.
(iii) Candidates awaiting their SSCE equivalent results can also apply for admission provided the result will be available by resumption in September, 2013.
(iv) Direct Entry candidates must obtain Direct Entry form from JAMB.
(9) HOW TO APPLY
(i) Direct Entry candidates should obtain direct entry form from JAMB and contact the Registrar.
Admission into ABUAD for non Direct-Entry candidates is subject to successful passing of the UTME Examination and the Post-UTME screening. Such candidates should please watch out for details of the post UTME screening on newspapers and television after the publication of the UTME result by JAMB.
Candidates who did not choose ABUAD in their UTME are also qualified to participate in the post-UTME screening of the university and contact the Registrar.
For further information, please contact the Registrar on 08033509150, 07066382861, 08030706711, 08038521163 or visit the website, www.abuad.edu.ng
(10) ALL INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS SHOULD CONTACT THE FOLLOWING:
International Applicants are required to forward their Academic Transcripts to the following emails:
International applicants are required to pay a non refundable application fee of $125.
LADY CHRISTIE OLUBORODE