Pastor Joseph Modupe Babalola is the Pioneer Bursar of Afe Babalola University, Ado - Ekiti. He is a British Trained Banker of over 26years of cognate experience. He started his Banking Career in 1972 and worked in the following Banks: Wema Bank Plc, Owena Bank Plc, Universal Trust Bank Plc and Afribank Plc until he retired in 2003.
He established the Prestige Consulting in 2003 for the training of Bankers in all areas of Commercial Banking. Pastor Babalola functioned as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer up until October, 2008 when he moved to Ado - Ekiti from Lagos for the preparatory work and the eventual take-off of the model and benchmark University, Afe Babalola University, Ado - Ekiti in January, 2010.
He is a fellow of the Chartered Institute of Bankers and holds Masters Degree in Banking from Enugu State University of Technology in 1999.
Pastor Babalola's Banking experience of almost three decades has been of great asset and makes his job an interesting one.
He is married with Children.
Our Vision in alignment with Founder's vision is to be pro-active, focus and service-oriented department with qualitative professionals using Modern Technologies to meet the needs of our stakeholders.
Our Vision aims at achieving the following among others:-
- To train and retrain Staff for improved productivity and service delivery
- To automate our operations for fast and efficiency in generating reports for Management use in decision making.
- To prudently manage the University's funds and invest any surplus.
- To have effective control over the University Finances and minimize wastages.
Services Rendered by Bursary Department
This department is divided into seven units as stated below:
- Accounting Service Unit
- Final Accounts
- Treasury Service Unit
- Cash Office
- Student Account
- Internal Generated Revenue
- Resources Management Service Unit
- Expenditure Control
- Debits and Credits Control
- Payroll and Management Service Unit
- Salary and Wages
- Pension Administration
- Salary Advances
- Staff Loans
- Staff Assurance
- Other Deductions
- Store and Procurement Service Unit
- Store and Issuance/Accounting
- Contract Registration.
- Asset Insurance
Phone No.: +234 - 807 - 771 - 2863
Bursar's Secretary Contact
Phone No. +234 - 806 - 257 - 4703